Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Spike Lee vs Tyler Perry.SMH

I was shocked and a little angered by the comments Spike Lee made about Tyler Perry. For those dont kno what I'm talking about please google it or Youtube..... My first love had always been movies. Before I wrote my book, I had wrote a sceenplay that I had hoped to turn into a movie someday. Due to lack of funds however i was forced to put that on hold..........for now. Growing up I had always admirred Spike Lee, not just for his work but for who he is. Thats why I was shocked that he would throw shots at another brother openly infront of white America. If he had an opinion and felt a certain way, he should have spoken to Tyler Perry in private man to man. Sorry Spike I love you but I cant respect what you did and the way you went about it. You may not like Tyler Perry's film, maybe its not your taste, but you have to respect his drive. Here is a man who went from being homeless to becoming one of the biggest names in Hollywood. Yes we need black films that bring awareness and moves us, but we also need black films that makes us laugh........ Why is it a problem for a black film maker to poke fun at himself, whites do it all the time......Example: Married with children...... There's obviously a market for it, his movies are making millions of dollars. Bottom line is Spike is older and more experienced than Tyler, he should be trying to help him up, instead of breaking him down.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment